Tony loves The Simpsons, but he checked out “The Problem With Apu” and wanted to chat about it with the Geek Vs crew.
The Problem with Apu
is a 2017 documentary film written by and starring comedian Hari Kondabolu and produced and directed by Michael Melamedoff. The film focuses on the character Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, an Indian immigrant in the animated sitcom The Simpsons who, for a period, was the only figure of South Asian heritage to appear regularly on mainstream U.S. television. The film explores encounters with negative stereotypes, racial microaggressions and slurs against people of Indian and South Asian heritage disseminated through the character.
Thank you for the podcast reviews!
Connect with us
- Subscribe to “Geek vs” on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Join the Facebook Group and join in the conversation.
- Follow @geekversus_ on Twitter
- Email email@example.com
- Leave us a voicemail on Speak Pipe, we may use it on the show.
Some of our Favorite podcast episodes
- The Room
- Should Minotaurs have hooves or feet?
- Our favorite TGIF shows
- Curtis Armstrong interview
- Twin Peaks discussion with Joy Nash
- DC Douglas: You can’t ride the Beast
About the “Geek Vs” podcast
Things are about to get weird when Tony, Casey, and Betty get together weekly to provide a “nerd’s eye view of pop culture.” These only children geeks have somehow managed not to kill each other, as they do battle with movies, television, and all things pop culture. If you like podcasts similar to “Nerdist” and “ID10T”, more diverse than “2 Dope Queens”, and completely opposite of “My Brother, My Brother, and Me,” you should check out “Geek Vs.” Proud member of the Giant Size Team Up Network