The Room is a 2003 American independent drama film written, directed, produced by and starring Tommy Wiseau, and co-starring Greg Sestero and Juliette Danielle. The film centers on a melodramatic love triangle between amiable banker Johnny (Wiseau), his deceptive fiancée Lisa (Danielle) and his conflicted best friend Mark (Sestero). A significant portion of the film is dedicated to a series of unrelated subplots, most of which involve at least one supporting character and are left unresolved due to the film’s inconsistent narrative structure. According to Wiseau, the title alludes to the potential of a room to be the site of both good and bad events; the stage play from which the screenplay is derived takes place in a single room.
You don’t have to take our word for it
- The Room (2003) – Trailer – YouTube
- The Room: How the worst movie ever became a Hollywood legend – Vox
- ‘The Room’: Worst movie ever gets a national release, 14 years later
- Everything We Definitely Know About The Room’s Tommy Wiseau
Thank you for the podcast reviews!
Ask your questions or share your feedback
- Comment on the shownotes
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (audio files welcome)
Connect with us
- Subscribe to “Geek vs” on Apple Podcasts or on Android.
- Join the Facebook Group and join in the conversation.
- Follow @geekversus_ on Twitter
About the Geek vs podcast
Things are about to get weird when Tony, Casey, and Betty get together weekly to provide a “nerd’s eye view of pop culture.” These only children geeks have somehow managed not to kill each other, as they do battle with movies, television, and all things pop culture.